Ongoing maintenance is an essential part of keeping a road or landing up to standard. It prolongs life and reduces the risk to safety and the environment.
Build roads and landings properly in the first place. This helps reduce maintenance costs.
- Maintained culverts are less likely to block and cause road damage.
- Remove vegetation from culvert mouths and outlets.
- A shovel is one of the most effective maintenance tools!
- Several things led to this failure:
- The fill was not put on a bench.
- The culvert was poorly located and the fluming failed.
- The fill has become saturated, weakened, and slipped off papa (blue mudstone) bedrock.