To assist operators, contractors and supervisors build roads and landings that meet good safety, environment and performance standards.
What the guide covers
- Construction principles.
- Ways to improve construction practices.
- Basic construction and maintenance methods.
- Impact of poor construction methods on safety, the environment and cost.
What the guide doesn’t cover
- The Guide is not a technical manual, so does not cover engineering design or construction methods in detail.
- It does not replace company guidelines or legal requirements (District or Regional plan rules or consent conditions).
The guide uses the following symbols to show good or poor practice: